My new rain boots.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Holy Politics.

     Alright, so as I was watching Bill O'Reilly tonight (yes, I do watch Bill O'Reilly--judge all you want), he had a segment about the "Top Five Dumbest Things Said by Politicians". Nancy Pelosi and the Arizona governor were just two of the five, which explains why it was so hilarious. Anyways, good ol' Bill inspired me to dig a little deeper into some politicians' qotes. Here are a few of my favorites:

1. "We have an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in our country who need our help along with millions of unemployed minorities. Stock market profits taxes could go a long ways to guarantee these people the standard of living they would like to have as "Americans"." -Nancy Pelosi
 *Since when are illegal immigrants considered "Americans"? Excuse me if I'm wrong, but I do believe if they're illegal, they don't have the same rights as legal American citizens. As Speaker of the House, you'd think she know that. Huh, way to go Nancy!

2. When Joe Biden was asked by CBS on September 22nd how he felt about an Obama campaign ad that made fun of John McCain's inability to use a computer, Biden stated that he thought it was "terrible."
"I didn't know we did it," he said, adding that he wouldn't have approved the ad, but defended Obama's decision to approve it. "The answer is I don't think anything was intentional about that. They were trying to make another point," he said.
*Oh really? You mean by making fun of McCain's inability to use a computer, Obama was intending to.....positively degrade McCain? Well, try again!

     I don't know about you all, but I thought these were hilarious. Definitely made my night.

No comments:

Post a Comment