So lately I've been getting into DIY's. I absolutely love browsing people's blogs for fun things to try! I recently painted our guest bedroom a 'sandpaper tan'...from the aqua blue I was in love with as a ten year old (it used to be my bedroom). This re-do sufficed as an acceptable excuse for me to test some of the DIY i'd recently found. My personal favorite was an idea i'd meshed together from a few different DIY's. It was what I call the 'postacard hangy-thing' :) (for lack of better word-choice). I simply took old postcards (from my mom's shop) and a few wooden beads (garage sale find) and strung them together on some hemp (I normally use to do macrome). I was simply going to hang one on the wall, but my mom thought it'd be cute to make two-- one for each window. Her idea definitely pulled through and they ended up being super cute! Here's what they look like:

Along with the paint job came a few remodeled (by yours truly) furniture peices. My mom and I first browsed her store and warehouse for peices we though would fit well into the space. One of which was a plain white bookshelf. Honestly, it was extremely boring to begin with...but we saw the potential. I came up with the idea to collage the back of it. Because our guest room also functions as our art room, we added a variety of baskets (also from her shop) to put our supplies in. Here are a few before and after pics:
All in all, the two projects ended up complimenting each other really well.
No comments:
Post a Comment