So, I decided it was time for a good ol' paint job in my bedroom. After convincing my reluctant mother to let me move into my brother's old room three years ago, I decided not to push my luck and ask to paint it as well. This left me with two white walls and two black walls. My majah willing stencilled my black walls. This was fun for a short time, but I soon realized that I wasn't using my space wisely. My walls were too dark to show how big the room actually was/is. Also, the stenciling made my room look busier than it truly was. After three years of living in this space, I made up my mind that it was time for a change. The minute I got my mother's permission (I think she had some connection to my room the way it was....) I painted the room. Covering the black took two coats of primer and two coats of paint, which ended up costing more than we expected, but it was totally worth it! I painted the entire room in 1 1/2 days....by myself! Sorry, I'm still a little proud over here. (: I decided on 'Crushed Peanut' for the wall color. I wanted to brighten up the space and make it look as big as it really is. After painting, I realized I don't have an abnormally large amount of stuff....it just wasn't presented well! AND, my mother loves it! She's even having me paint our guest bedroom the same color. YAY! Hopefully you'll agree it was a wonderful transformation!
Before:
 |
| Like I said, it was 'fun', but I was in desperate need of a change. Much too dark and too bold. Resale value? I think not. |
 |
| Hanging my jewelry on the wall allowed for easy access and a nice display. |
 |
| AHHH! It looks so cluttered & busy! |
After:
 |
| I love these antique window collages. (one of my fav Do It Yourself projects---DIY)I hung another one right below this one to add an eclectic touch to the entry way of my room. |
 |
| A big improvement from my grungy white book shelf I'd say. The best part about this retro bookshelf is that is was FREE! Having a mother who owns an antique shop definitely has it's perks! I love the glass shelves as well as the assortment of different baskets. The mannequin head was another one of my DIY projects. I initially made it to sell it at my mom's shop, but after I was done I realized it was too cool to sell! Call me selfish, what can I say? |
 |
| I love my cute little red desk. I belive every room needs a pop of red. Mine just happens to be a bigger 'pop'. haha. It was definitely a little diamond in the rough when my mom and I found it at a local craft show (always go in with an 'eye' to spot a steal)! My mom recovered the chair with vintage fabric and it now goes just perfect with my desk! I love the idea of hanging multiple frames together. Once again, a find at my majah's shop. The stamp collage at the center of two frames was yet another one of my DIY projects. My mom had hundreds of old stamps (which were also used on the mannequin head), so I decided to make use of them! Ended up being pretty cute, I'd say. |
 |
I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF A DUVET COVER. I'm thinking a bold print--- floral? Or maybe....RUFFLES! But besides that, I love my eclectic mix of pillows (some of which are made by ME. The rest of which are thrift store steals). The boa lamp shade was one of my first DIY projects.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment